We collect personal information from you, including information about your:
- contact information,
- interactions with us,
- computer or network and location,
- billing or purchase information, and
- details about your use of our website through cookies.
We collect your personal information in order to:
- establish your identity,
- communicate with you,
- provide patent attorney services to you,
- comply with any relevant professional obligations, and
- manage and improve our services.
We will confidentially hold all personal information we acquire during our engagement. We will not disclose this information to anyone other than our staff and third parties that support us in delivering our services except as necessary to enable us to act on your instructions or to the extent required by applicable laws and regulations. This means, besides our staff, we may share your personal information with third parties such as:
- the Intellectual Property Office of New Zealand and IP Australia,
- overseas patent attorneys and patent offices, as instructed by you, as necessary to provide services to you, or as required by law,
- courts or other governmental offices, agencies, or regulators, and
- either your or our professional advisors, taxation or legal advisors, and auditors or insurers.
Where disclosure of your personal information to a third party is necessary we will take reasonable steps within our power to prevent its unauthorised use or unauthorised disclosure.
Providing some information is optional. If you choose not to enter requested information, and particularly information needed to establish your identity, we may be unable to provide you with the services you have requested.
We keep your information safe by storing it on secure servers protected by firewalls, passwords, and where available two-step verification. We regularly reviewing the security of our systems, and where practicable we also regularly maintain backups of your information.
Except as required for record keeping or by law, we will take reasonable steps to destroy, erase, or permanently de-identify personal information as soon as practicable if it is no longer needed by us.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at: